Awarded Academy status in 2012.
As the new Headteacher, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for visiting our site and taking an interest in our Academy. NFGS is on the move. Our tradition and pedigree has long been established; in our 425th year we are continuing to shape our young people as the leaders and pioneers of the future and empowering them to reach new heights and achievements. Our students are our biggest asset and our ambassadors; they are at the heart of everything we do.
At Newport we will drive up standards by:
• Believing in the individual and the groups we are a part of.
• Ensuring learning is at the centre of everything we do.
• Never relenting on driving the standard of teaching to new heights.
• Sharing our successes and expanding the opportunities for our young people.
• Never being ashamed of setting the highest expectations and aspirations for our students and our staff.
• Recognising the moral responsibility we all have based on respect, integrity and understanding.
• Engaging with our communities at all levels, be it locally, nationally or internationally.
I am privileged to be the Headteacher at Newport and am looking forward to working with all the people who combine to make NFGS what it is. For us this is an exciting time: we have excellent resources, dedicated and talented staff, wonderful opportunities and, above all, students who exemplify what we stand for and who are being supported and challenged to be the best they can be. Whether you are a current student or parent , a prospective parent or staff member, or one of our 1000 Old Newportonians, I hope the website provides you with the information you are looking for; if not, please contact us at the Academy. It is by working together that we get stronger.
read more about the school