Aim: To encourage participation in physical activity and improvement of performance.
This Section offers a wide range of programmes in the belief that:
- involvement in some form of enjoyable physical activity is essential for physical well-being;
- a lasting sense of achievement and satisfaction is derived from meeting a physical challenge;
- physical activities are enjoyable in themselves and can lead to the establishment of a lasting active lifestyle;
- young people should have the opportunity to make a choice, then negotiate a personal programme of participation and achieve an objective.
Participation in the Physical Recreation Section should provide opportunities to:
- enjoy keeping fit
- improve fitness
- discover new abilities
- raise self-esteem
- extend personal goals
- respond to a challenge
- derive a sense of achievement
The time requirements for this Section are:
- Bronze - 3 months or 6 months involvement
- Silver - 3 months or 6 months involvement
- Gold - 6 months or 12 month involvement
The time requirements for the Skill and Physical Recreation Sections are interchangeable.
For direct entrants selecting the Physical Section as their longest Section, the following additional number of months are required:
- Silver - 6 months
- Gold - 6 months
The period is a minimum number of full months and participants should average at least an hour a week over the total period of involvement.